Introduction: The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards is the longest-running, oldest, and most prestigious literary and art competition in the United States, aiming to find creative works and original technical skills by students in grades 7-12. Since 1923, the Academic Art and Writing Award has recognized the vision, originality, and talent of young people, and has provided opportunities and academic awards for creative young people to express their talent. The high school award symbolizes the pursuit of excellence and will help students stand out in university and scholarship applications.
Competition Format: The Scholastic Awards offers 28 categories of art and writing.
- September: Scholastic Awards open for entries
- December–January: Deadlines vary by region and can be as early as December 1
- January: Regional Awards are announced
- March: National Awards are announced
- June: National Ceremony
- July: Access to Scholastic Awards accounts is restricted
- September: Scholastic Awards re-open for entries
How to enter: Students can select a category and submit their work after creating an account. Entry fees are $10 per individual entry and $30 per portfolio.
Competition Website: LINK