Throughout the course, students will acquire the skills to formulate a research question, conduct a literature review, design and execute a study, collect and analyze data, and compose a comprehensive research paper. The class will encompass all components of the AP research process, including the development of the research question, literature review, methodology, data analysis, and conclusion. In addition, students will learn how to present their research and defend it in an oral presentation.
The course will be led by experienced AP Research teachers with an in-depth understanding of the subject matter and the requisite skills and knowledge for success on the AP Research exam. These teachers will offer guidance and feedback on students’ research projects, aiding in the development of their research, writing, analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Develop their research, writing, analysis, and critical thinking skills surrounding their topic of interest
- Learn how to develop a research question, conduct a literature review, design and conduct a study, collect and analyze data, and write a research paper.
- Students will be prepared for the 4000-5000 word research and the oral defense.
- Students will gain experience in presenting and defending their research in an oral presentation.
- Students will be well-prepared for the AP Research exam and have the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college-level research courses.
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email.