Throughout the course, students will learn how to develop a research question, conduct literature review, design and conduct a study, collect and analyze data, and write a research paper. The class will cover all the elements of the AP research process, including the research question, literature review, methodology, data analysis, and conclusion. In addition, students will learn how to present their research and defend it in an oral presentation.
The class will be taught by experienced AP Research teachers who have a deep understanding of the subject matter and the skills and knowledge required to excel on the AP Research exam. They will provide students with guidance and feedback on their research projects, and will help them develop their research, writing, analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Develop their research, writing, analysis, and critical thinking skills surrounding their topic of interest
- Learn how to develop a research question, conduct a literature review, design and conduct a study, collect and analyze data, and write a research paper.
- Students will be prepared for the 4000-5000 word research and the oral defense.
- Students will gain experience in presenting and defending their research in an oral presentation.
- Students will be well-prepared for the AP Research exam and have the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college-level research courses.
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class, via Teachworks, regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email. At the end of the course, the student will receive a final report card, which thoroughly speaks to their overall participation in the course, including major assignments.