Students will learn how to write essays for each portion of their college application. During the first two group sessions, students will be shown examples of strong and weak essays and given guidance on how to write the Common Application Essay, the “Why School” Essay, and the UC Application Essay.
After completing the course, students are expected to reach the following goals:
- Students will have a completed draft of the Common Application Essay
- Students will have a firm grasp on how to write a “Why School” Essay and a UC Application Essay
- Common Application Essay Examples: https://blog.collegevine.com/common-app-essay-examples/
- UC Application Essay Examples: https://www.collegeessayguy.com/blog/uc-essay-examples-personal-insight-questions
- “Why This School” Application Essay Examples: https://blog.collegevine.com/how-to-write-the-why-us-college-essay/
|1||Introduction to the Common Application Essay|
|2||Introduction to the UC Application and the “Why School” Essay|
|3||Meet with the teacher— create outlines for each essay. |
Continue to work with the teacher to complete the essay
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class, regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email. At the end of the course, the student will receive a final report card, which thoroughly speaks to their overall participation in the course, including major assignments.
2 group classes: 1.5 hour/session
9 individual classes: 1 hour/session