This course is designed for students who have already mastered the fundamentals of literature and writing, and are now ready to take their skills to the next level. Through in-depth discussions and close readings of a variety of literary works, students will deepen their understanding of literary analysis, develop their writing skills, and explore the historical and cultural contexts of literature.
In this course, we will cover a wide range of literary movements, styles, and authors. We will examine the underlying themes and motivations of works and analyze the literary techniques used by authors to convey their messages. We will also explore the ways in which literature reflects and shapes the cultural and historical contexts in which it was created.
Through engaging discussions and biweekly writing assignments, students will develop their critical thinking and analytical skills, gain a deeper appreciation for the power of literature, and be better prepared for future academic pursuits.
- Deepen their understanding of literary analysis and literary devices
- Analyze a wide range of literary works and genres
- Explore the historical and cultural contexts of literature
- Develop their writing skills and produce high-quality essays
- Improve their critical thinking and analytical skills
- Engage in in-depth discussions and articulate their thoughts clearly
- Gain a deeper appreciation for the power and impact of literature
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email. At the end of the course, the student will receive a final report card, which thoroughly speaks to their overall participation in the course, including major assignments.
Need to prepare?
To best prepare for this program, we recommend reading: