The National Economics Challenge Prep is a course designed to prepare students for the National Economics Challenge, a nationwide competition that tests their knowledge and understanding of economics. This course will cover a variety of topics related to economics, including microeconomics, macroeconomics, international economics, and personal finance. Through a combination of lectures, discussions, and hands-on activities, students will have the opportunity to learn from experienced instructors and practice applying their knowledge to real-world scenarios. Whether you’re new to economics or looking to expand your skills, the National Economics Challenge Prep is an excellent way to challenge yourself and prepare for success in the competition.
After completing the course, students are expected to reach the following goals:
- Develop a strong foundation in economic concepts
- Understand how economic concepts and principles apply to real-world scenarios and make informed decisions
- Improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills through analysis of economic scenarios and data
- Prepare for success in the National Economics Challenge by practicing economics-related problem-solving and applying knowledge to competition-style questions
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email.
- 8 group classes, to introduce basic research methods, theories and topics (2 hours each)
- 3 one-on-one research paper classes for 1 hour each to guide students on paper