During the Summer Investment program, students will be able to finish an 8-page research paper.
The group classes serve as an introduction to how to do research commonly used in economics and finance. Students will become familiar with research and evaluation concepts, methods, and applications; learn how to consume and analyze research critically, and propose an appropriate research project to inform an important issue.
The one-on-one classes will help students create an independent research paper in a pre-designed area of the teacher’s expertise or in the student’s interest.
Students prepping to enter higher education will learn research methodology and structure, how to use theoretical frameworks, developing research questions and proper APA citations in preparation for the rigors of advanced academic research.
After completing the course, students are expected to reach the following goals:
- Completed an original 8-page research paper.
- Created a professional oral presentation
- Developed an original intellectual position, effectively defined and argued it
Digging Deeper into cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency in action
Speculating in Cryptocurrency
Synthesize information to decide whether or not a person should buy cryptocurrency
Type of credits
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email.
- 8 group classes, to introduce basic research methods, theories and topics (2 hours each)
- 3 one-on-one research paper classes for 1 hour each to guide students on paper