Throughout the course, students will be encouraged to explore different mediums, techniques, and styles while developing their unique artistic voice. The class will focus on the creative process, from concept to finished product, and will allow students to experiment, take risks, and push their boundaries. Students will be expected to create a portfolio of their work that demonstrates their understanding of the elements and principles of art, as well as their ability to express their own ideas.
After completing the course, students are expected to reach the following goals:
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the elements and principles of art and design
- Development of technical skills in various mediums and techniques
- Improved ability to express their ideas through written and visual expression
- Preparation and development of a portfolio ready for submission to college art and design programs
- Increased readiness and confidence for the AP Art and Design Exam
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class, via Teachworks, regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email. At the end of the course, the student will receive a final report card, which thoroughly speaks to their overall participation in the course, including major assignments.