The AP Japanese Language and Culture Preparation Course is designed to help high school students prepare for the Advanced Placement (AP) Japanese Language and Culture exam. The course covers the fundamental elements of the Japanese language, including pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and culture.
Throughout the course, students will engage in various language and cultural activities, including interactive conversations, reading and writing assignments, and cultural discussions. These activities will help students develop their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in Japanese, and improve their understanding of Japanese culture.
In addition to the course content, students will receive comprehensive test preparation resources, including practice exams and review materials. These resources will help students feel confident and prepared for the AP Japanese Language and Culture exam.
After completing the course, students are expected to reach the following goals:
- Improved proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in the Japanese language.
- Increased understanding of Japanese culture and customs.
- Exposure to authentic materials, including literature, media, and real-life situations.
- Increased confidence and preparedness for the AP Japanese Language and Culture exam.
- Improved ability to communicate effectively with native speakers of Japanese.
- Exposure to a variety of teaching methods and techniques, including interactive conversations, reading and writing assignments, and cultural discussions.
- Opportunity to engage in lively discussions and debates with classmates and instructors.
- Improved pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and language skills in Japanese.
- Access to comprehensive test preparation resources, including practice exams and review materials.
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class, via Teachworks, regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email.