AP Microeconomics Prep course is a class designed to prepare students for the AP Microeconomics exam. The goal of the course is to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel on the exam. The course will focus on developing a deep understanding of economic concepts and principles, including supply and demand, elasticity, market structures, and government policies that affect the economy. Additionally, students will learn to use economic models and analyze data to explain and predict economic behavior.
The course will cover topics such as consumer and producer behavior, market structures, and government policies related to microeconomics. Students will be exposed to real-world examples and applications of microeconomic principles to help them understand the concepts better and relate them to the world around them.
- Deep understanding of economic concepts and principles
- Ability to define, analyze, and explain economic models
- Familiarity with the format and content of the AP Microeconomics exam
- Strategies and techniques for effectively answering multiple-choice questions
- Improved critical thinking and analysis skills in microeconomics
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the microeconomic system
Students and their parents will receive brief feedback after each class, via Teachworks, regarding the student’s general participation in class. Students will also receive feedback on graded assignments via email. At the end of the course, the student will receive a final report card, which thoroughly speaks to their overall participation in the course, including major assignments.